From milk teeth to permanent teeth, we don’t take much care of our teeth. Everything we eat, everything we drink affects our teeth. It is of utmost importance to maintain oral hygiene, just like we do it for our body and surroundings.
Discoloured, yellow or cavity- infested teeth are a very regular thing to see nowadays considering the current lifestyles everyone is following. Smoking, lack of personal hygiene and high amount of consumption of alcohol, coffee or tea are some of the reasons for the increase in tooth problems.
Monsoon season is known for an increase in complaints about sensitive teeth. This sensitivity often happens due to the consumption of something very cold or hot in the mouth. During the rainy season, our intake of hot coffee or tea increases and hence leads to sensitivity.
Sensitivity and other dental problems can reduce to a great extent is taken care of a few tips like,
- An oral hygiene routine- Brush your teeth twice a day. Cleaning of teeth twice in a day is a very healthy habit for teeth. It cleans teeth of any germs and maintains them. Use desensitizing toothpaste to avoid sensitivity.
- Monsoon Special- Avoid drinking or eating anything that is extremely hot or cold as it increases sensitivity. Excessive intake of coffee can lead to bad breath, it also helps the bacteria in our mouth to create acids that can lead to tooth and enamel erosion. This can cause your teeth to become thin and brittle.
- What you eat matters- Sweet teeth can be a problem. Reduced intake of added sugar, preservatives, processed food, etc., is advisable to maintain healthy teeth and gums. These consumables have a high amount of micro-organisms that directly affect our teeth.
- Timely toothbrush care- Change your toothbrush periodically in a gap of 2 months. Otherwise, you can also change your toothbrush when the bristles are worn or frayed as this will make the cleaning of teeth from every bend tough and ultimately lead to unhealthy teeth.
- Diet counts- Use of antioxidants and vitamin C rich food/ supplements help in building gum strength and lessens the bleeding this comprises pineapples and cucumbers. Consumption of all the fresh fruits and vegetables that are available in this season is a must. Drinking soups, eating corn, strawberries, dry fruits and other seasonal eatables are helpful in strengthening teeth and gums.
- Tongue cleaning- Cleaning of the tongue is vital. One should clean it regularly as it helps in avoiding bad breath and bacterial problems.
- Mouthwash- Use of non-alcoholic mouthwash helps in maintaining fresh breath and the pH of the saliva.
- Visiting a dentist periodically is not necessary though if there is any oral problem one must not delay in visiting.
All the above instructions if followed properly will protect your teeth from cavity or discolouring. Smiles are precious and free so spread them more, especially during these tough times it will be the sweetest thing to see.
Vithoba Ayurvedic Toothpaste is formulated with essential Ayurvedic and herbal extracts, which protect and prevent your teeth and gums from germs that affect root canal and decays teeth. It is beneficial in treating cavities, foul breath, teeth yellowing, swollen gums and other periodontal disorders. Vithoba toothpaste uses natural Ayurvedic ingredients and Herbal extracts like menthol and spearmint which helps in overcoming problems like bad breath, teeth whitening and gum swelling. Vithoba is a very trusted and age-old brand for toothpaste and Danth Manjan, it is also known as one of the best ayurvedic toothpastes in the market right now mainly due to its all-natural ingredients and highly satisfied customer reviews.
Tags: ayurvedic toothpaste cleanteeth dentalcare dentalhygiene floss healthysmile healthyteeth oralcare oralhygiene stainremoval teeth toothpaste whiteningtoothpaste whiteteeth
“Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.”