Complete oral Care Tips
Your smile is the most attractive aspect of your personality. A smile signifies your benevolence, gives you inner confidence, breaks the ice, and melts any hard feelings. Therefore, it is vital to maintain a smile imbibed with health and freshness. A beautiful smile is powered by all-around oral health that can be achieved by adopting some regular practices to improve dental hygiene.
Oral care does not concern just the teeth but also works on improving gum strength as well as freshening your breath. With erratic eating habits and the popularity of junk food gives rise to cavities, Gingivitis, Periodontitis, sensitivity, Pyrrha, and many more. Preserving good oral health requires a combination of taking up a few mouth-cleaning ways as well as quitting some hazardous habits. In this blog, we lay outcome sure shot methods to improve your oral health and maintain your bright and adorable smile.
Tips for strong and white teeth
White teeth make up a dazzling smile. Your teeth’s strength and whiteness are a result of healthy and robust enamel, which is the outer protective layer of teeth. Some of the acclaimed ways to attain strong and white teeth are mentioned here. Please note these are additional activities that should accompany your regular brushing.
- The use of a pinch of baking soda while brushing your teeth with effective toothpaste whitens your teeth. Baking soda has whitening properties, and its alkaline nature prevents the germination of bacteria in your mouth for a long time. This remedy shows efficient results on regular use.
- Reduce the consumption of teeth-staining food like coffee, wine, or soda drinks. Also, to limit the contact of such eatables with your teeth, you should drink using a straw.
- It is also important to decrease the sugar intake for white and healthy teeth, and whenever you eat any dessert like cake, pastries, or candies, you should brush your teeth after that.
- You should also include calcium-rich food in your daily diet like milk, cheese, and green vegetables that restores your enamel.
Tips for healthy gums
Gums provide nourishment to your teeth, and strong gums bolster the foundation of healthy teeth. Gum diseases due to action of accumulating bacteria give rise to painful diseases like gingivitis and infection. If you ignore your gums, it may lead to deterioration of the tissues and bones that hold your teeth, which becomes a severe and irreversible problem. Gum care can be practised by the following few ways.
- Regular flossing, along with brushing, prevents plaque accumulation along the gum lines, which, if neglected, leads to serious dental problems.
- The chemicals in tobacco products reduce the flow of saliva that regularly removes bacteria build-up. You must quit smoking or eating tobacco products to avoid the formation of tartar or plaque and prevent gum diseases.
- Your diet should be rich in Vitamin-C and fluoride like amla, orange, grapes, etc. The deficiencies of these minerals and vitamins cause swollen and bleeding gums.
Tips for fresh breath
Bad breath or a bad taste in the mouth can put you off for a whole day. Bad breath can keep your friends away from you and waver your confidence while speaking. A fresh breath is the aggregated outcome of healthy teeth, gums, and overall oral cavity. Simple brushing cannot ward off bad breath, but you need to take care of a few points to have refreshing breath for the whole day.
- It is essential to brush your teeth properly for at least 2-3 minutes and twice a day, especially before going to bed. You should use a carefully designed brush conveniently, reaching all the places of mouth to remove the remnants of food.
- The most important part of your routine is cleaning your tongue. Residues from food may get stuck in the folds of your tongue, and so you may use a soft tongue scraper to cleanse your tongue.
- You may also consider rinsing your mouth with natural mouthwashes made of green or black tea. This prevents the growth of odour-releasing bacteria in your mouth.
Tips for overall oral health
Along with ways that focus on specific parts of your dental cavity, you can also follow specific methods to look after your overall oral health. Some of these methods are prescribed below-
- Your diet should be replete with a variety of fruits and vegetables full of Vitamin A, C, D, K, and minerals like calcium, potassium, phosphorous, and fluoride. These eatables include milk products, tomatoes, strawberries, potatoes, broccoli, orange, and cereals.
- You must use herbal and ayurvedic products and avoid chemical methods of whitening and cleaning your teeth. Chemicals may irritate your oral tissues and further degrade your oral health.
- It is suggested that you visit your dentist every 6 months to get a full dental checkup and follow your doctor’s instructions for complete care of your oral health.
Your mouth is the entry point of your body, and a healthy oral cavity ensures healthy inner health. It is also important to reach your roots and make them secure with chemical-free, organic, and natural remedies. Vithoba, with its continuous research and ayurvedic solutions, has come up with the best ayurvedic toothpaste in India that keeps your teeth strong and gives healthy gums. Its dentist recommended toothpaste is efficient in preventing sensitivity, gum diseases, and cavities.