We still remember our childhood days when our mother usually used to scold us for eating too much of sweets and chocolates and the reason for not eating them too much which was put forth was ‘cavities’. The horror of getting ‘Cavities’ has haunted our whole childhood as we can say. But what exactly are cavities?
Dental cavities are tiny holes in the hard surface of the teeth.The most common culprit is a bacterium known as Streptococcus mutans which convert sugar to acid. The acids in the plaque remove minerals from (demineralize) your enamel — a coating of the teeth made mostly of calcium and phosphate causing erosion letting tiny holes in the enamel. Once the acid damage spreads into the dentin layer underneath the enamel, a cavity forms. Once a cavity has penetrated in to the dentin, you won’t be able to get rid of it which would involve painstaking treatment from the dentist. So prevention is always better than cure. So here are some of the natural ingredients which can reduce the risk of cavities.
- Clove Oil- Clove oil helps in relieving the pain caused due to cavities and tooth decay. Its antimicrobial constituents help in inhibiting the growth of various types of bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Oil Pulling is a good method where take one teaspoon of clove oil and coconut oil and swish it in your mouth because it works as a great detoxification method for oral health.
- Neem- Neem may seem an outdated option for all of you. But the magic of a neem twig is incomparable. That is why the people used to chew a neem twig in the olden times (Neem daatun), the first thing in the morning because the oils released from them show action against the bacteria causing cavities. They have a high fiber content which makes it effective against the plaque content.
- Salt-Salt is a highly useful home remedy for cavities due to its high levels of anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. It helps to reduce the acidic pH formed by the bacteria and helps in stopping their growth maintaining the alkalinity in the mouth. So add half a teaspoon of it in warm water and gargle for at least 30 seconds two times a day.
- Camphor– A few drops of camphor oil on a cotton swab can reduce the tooth pain. Camphor Oil has germicidal, antimicrobial, and antiseptic properties that are effective in soothing a toothache and dealing with infections as it kills the germs on the spot leaving no lead for infection.
- Lemon – Lemon or lime juice alone can ease the pain of a cavity because it contains vitamin C – excellent for killing bacteria in the mouth. And also one of the reason of getting cavities is lack of vitamin C.Using an asafoetida powder and lemon or lime juice, you can make a paste that’s easy to apply to teeth.Just heat it slightly and with the help of swab apply it.
Using these ingredients, we can surely ensure a good oral care against cavities. But how many of us can spare time for these remedies? Because nowadays everyone has a busy lifestyle where sparing some time for doing the remedies is what no one wants to do. Everyone wants a quick solution to all problems. What if all these natural ingredients are encased in a single pack so it becomes much better for us to use it in the form of toothpaste. But finding the best ayurvedic toothpaste in the traffic of fluoride containing toothpaste is very difficult. But one of the best ayurvedic toothpaste which can be named here is Vithoba ayurvedic toothpaste. Vithoba contains all the natural ingredients like clove, neem, lahore namak, cinnamon and camphor which work just heaven against not only cavities but also bad breath, bleeding gums and much more. Also the Vithoba ayurvedic Dant Manjan which is considered as the best ayurvedic Dant Manjan in the whole market due to its quality and also the results which it has given from the last decade. So the Vithoba products are definitely worth using if you desire a good oral health that too with a natural touch.