Have you ever been in close contact with someone who has bad breath? You can understand that nobody wants to talk directly to someone whose breath stinks. Even if the person is talking about important issues about the world, you cannot focus on what he is saying, and you are disgusted by him. This is the overwhelming effect of bad breath on a normal person’s life. People do not take you seriously, are disgusted by you, and it can seriously affect both your personal and your professional life. Imagine that you are the person who has bad breath. How does it feel?
If you are a person that consistently suffers from bad breath, do not feel low. All is not lost. And for the rest of you that suffer from bad breath sometimes but do not know why, here is a comprehensive list of some reasons that might be responsible for your oral odour.
- Poor oral hygiene is the most common and the most effective way to contract a case of bad breath. If you do not brush your teeth properly, you can not only get tooth decay, but facilitate the buildup of bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria can multiply in your mouth and cause severe bad breath. Brush your teeth twice a day with good toothpaste, floss regularly, and clean not just your teeth, but also your tongue, roof of your mouth, and your inner cheeks.
- Smoking is another factor that causes bad breath. Smoking causes stains on your teeth, and the smell of tobacco can contribute to bad breath. Smoking also leads to gum disease, which can cause your breath to smell worse. Quit smoking to significantly reduce chances of gum disease and bad breath.
- Some foods and drinks can cause bad breath. Strong foods like onions or garlic can leave a residual taste and smell in your mouth, causing bad breath. Drinks like coffee and alcohol also cause bad breath. This type of bad breath is usually short term, and can be avoided by brushing up on oral hygiene or avoiding eating these foods or drinks.
- Crash dieting is a course of dieting which involves eating irregularly to confuse your body’s metabolism and resulting in gaining or losing weight. Crash dieting leads to loss in fat, which leads to the formation of ketones in your body. This appears as bad breath through your mouth.
- Medication of some sorts can cause bad breath. Some medication is strong, or causes a reaction in the body that leads to bad breath. This sort of bad breath is temporary too, and generally passes when the effects of the medication are over.
The best ways to ensure that you do not have bad breath are to maintain proper oral hygiene, and limit the intake of certain foods and drinks. This alone can ensure that you do not suffer from this problem and have a thriving social and professional life.Tags: bad breath causes of bad breath Dental